Friday, April 04, 2014

No Time for Singing

Our concert this coming Sunday starts less than one hour after we finish our worship service on Sunday, so I cannot attend. Since we are watching the nursery during the normal worship time, we will get released even later than normal. No, I could not find a way (without skipping lunch) to make it on time.

From an idea I jotted down on Nov 21 of last year. According to my comic count in the tool I use, this one is #220. That is NOT the total of all CoV comics since the first one, though.













Check out this pier at sunset. Since it is obviously the ocean, you can guess it was not taken nearby. I came across the shot as I was looking for family photos and found none. So, I applied the Orton effect to this one.























From this article, we can tell that at least one of the students who did this paper is not a Christian. Why? Because he says, "You don’t think of the Bible necessarily as a scientifically accurate source of information, so I guess we were quite surprised when we discovered it would work."

One thing my employers find out about me is that I DO take all of my vacation days every year. I suppose I might not have been so inclined earlier in my career, but now, yeah, baby. This article notes that only 25% of US workers use all their days, and some 15% don't take any days at all. And thanks to the example set by my parents, I am encouraging Salesman Son to take his days and always let his kids see the US and also see him in those less stressful vacation moments.

Wait. So the Goodyear Blimp will now be the Goodyear Zeppelin instead? It just sounds odd. Plus, the article does not explain the difference between a blimp and a zeppelin. The difference, as far as I can tell, is that zeppelins have a metal skeleton inside. The name came from Count von Zeppelin who wanted a steerable balloon. The name is now generic. Blimp, on the other hand, is named from the sound a balloon makes when you thump it. And Led Zeppelin got its name from the drummer of The Who, who said the group would go over like a "lead zeppelin".

I've had fun, but the week is over, and now, so is today's post. Let's get back together in three days and compare notes, OK?

2 comments:

Keith said...

Is the dock picture at San simeon Bay?

CrazyUncle said...

Good catch. It is, indeed, San Simeon pier.