Monday, April 07, 2014

My Mistake There Are No Photos

We attended our grandson's birthday party on Saturday. He received several basketballs, and probably some other junk, too, although he didn't care once the first basketball was opened. Anyway, I took a number of shots, but with my daughter-in-love's camera. So, if you know here or her mother or aunt, you can see those photos on Facebook. Sorry I couldn't help you today.

Man, I am feeling the allergies today. It started Saturday afternoon, but continued through yesterday into right now. I did take an antihistamine, but maybe it hasn't fully kicked in yet. The only nice thing about getting close to 100F on Wednesday is that it will start killing many of the blooming plants.

CoV comics can be built on any internet-capable computer, so I can create them on a Mac or a PC or even a netbook. Today's was made this morning on my work laptop.













Speaking of Mac, have you ever seen a weird symbol on their keyboard (or maybe you have seen one with an apple image on it)? Well, this is an interesting anecdote about the creation of that squiggly symbol.

It is time for our healthy eating cooking class on Thursday. Whoo hoo. This month, she will be talking about "how to eat well without breaking your budget". Sounds interesting, right? Over the weekend, I cooked up a quinoa salad, roasted squash, and roasted fingerling potatoes. I brought two of the three with me for lunch today.

This is cool, and probably even more so for some of my younger readers. It should where some classic album cover photos were taken (captured by the Google View cameras as they map the world).

Do you ever watch shows and think that what people can do on computers is a little far-fetched? Me, too. Here is a little youtube clip of people doing amazing things with photo enhancement. Actually, more impossible things than far-fetched things.

Another article in the same vein is classic paintings and the location they depict as seen by Google. Kinda cool, but less so than the album covers.

The clock shows that my time for finding curious content and fascinating fun facts is over. Tomorrow's news can wait until tomorrow.

No comments: