Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Maybe a Seder, Later

Did you think today was the ides of April? Me, too, but it turns out that in the ancient Roman calendar, the ides falls on the 15th only in March, May, July and October. It is the 13th of the other months. Now you know. Anyway, today is tax day, the day the Titanic sank, the day Lincoln died, and the day of the Boston Marathon bombing. Does that make it more dangerous than other days?

We attended a Passover seder last night. It was really interesting. While I did not eat many of the food items, there was a course with lots of veggies and fruits, during which I ate enough for my dinner. During the conversation, I heard someone say she had received a cake from a friend when she left her job. So, I wondered if they could bribe someone to leave by offering a cake.













You can probably guess where we went this past weekend? Yes, up to Bearizona. We had a great time. Here is JV and MBH posing at the gate.























Here are the kids we had with us.
















And here are some of the adults, including one who likes to give me her patented smile when she sees me taking a photo.
















And finally, some of us from the earlier generation.

















Do you ever miss high school stuff, like a prom? If so, or even if you are young enough to plan for one, here is a special corsage that i think no one would ever forget.

Back in my high school days, I was living in this house. This is a Google Maps photo of the lot. The trees are so overgrown that you can barely see the house, and you cannot make out the garage at all.























Nothing else catches my eye this fine Tuesday morning. BTW, we watched Game of Thrones on Sunday night and I don't remember what our show of choice was last night. Sorry. Whatever it was, I do remember that we were not behind on it, so at least it helped empty our almost full DVR.

That'll do it for now. See you in 23 hours or so.

No comments: