Thursday, April 24, 2014

Blew My Nose, Then Blew My Mind

I cannot believe I forgot to upload photos AGAIN. Come on. It was Survivor night last night. Even you have to admit that takes precedence. Admit it! I do have an excuse, though. We got our new iPhones delivered yesterday and I was trying to get them set up. No, I did not finish. By the time I called for the final number transfer, their help desk was closed for the night. So, I have a little more work to do today. We also had to some iTunes deauthorizations to get all our phones linked to separate iTunes libraries.

I just learned the following factoid about the Great State of Texas. "Despite the widely held belief that the state of Texas reserved the right to leave the United States at any time (they do not); they do, however, have the right to split their state into as many as five smaller states without approval of the U.S federal government." Interesting, right?

As I work towards my next Lessons learned meeting with on of my projects, I snarkily comment on it again in today's CoV.













I came across an sad, but fascinating article on the future of physical libraries. When is the last time you visited one? And when did you last check anything out from one? Will you be upset when they are shut down or vastly downsized? For me, I went to a local library about one month ago. I picked up some vegan cookbooks. Sure, you can search the interweb for those kinds of things, but flipping through a book and not having to search for any specific recipe is easier as an idea-generating task for me.

More for you younger types, but this imagining of some classic album covers as seen from the back side has some that are kind of curious.

Well, all this chit-chat must mean it is time for a snack, right? Wait a minute. What does the label say? Wait a minute. Does that even matter? It's tricky, for sure, and even more so once you read this.

It is a fairly rare five meeting day, so I need to finish a task to be ready for the first in 12 minutes. I cannot even say goodb


No comments: