Tuesday, February 26, 2013

What Do You Think of The Americans?

No, not those of us whose citizenship is in the USA. I mean the TV program The Americans on FX Network. I am still not sure how much I like it, but it did get a bit better in episode 2. It is about Russian sleeper agents during the Reagan years.

Yoko Ono's turned 80 last week. That is too weird and makes me feel old. Of course, we know I'm not really old; just surprised when TV, movie and recording stars that I grew up suddenly seem more like grandparent's ages rather than a bit older than me.

Isn't idiom a funny word? I should find a way to say something like that in a Clarity of Vision comic. Today's, though, references a famous idiom that you have probably all said at some point.



You know, people say that fashions come and go. Can any of you look at this shot from just a few years ago and say you want these styles to come back? And how about those hairdos? We were kind of like the Kardashians of our day, huh?



I had been hoping to hit the gym tonight, but I've got a nice little headache and think I will stay home. You can go ahead, though. I'll wait for you here.

We had Red Robin for lunch yesterday. I was pretty good, but a bit (really, a bit) too high-calorie for what I should have eaten. I did replace the regular bun (on my chicken teriyaki burger) with a corn-jalapeno bun. That was tasty. However, I just Googled those buns and found that they are still wheat flour-based. Oh well. I liked it.

End of Monday post. I need to take another couple of Tylenol.

[Tuesday update] I just got back from the dentist. I know the new ultrasonic cleaners are more effective, but whew,  they can also be pretty uncomfortable. And that high-pitched whine they emit seems to exacerbate the discomfort. I have to have a crown replaced because decay has eroded the tooth underneath. That is not a cheap procedure.

3 comments:

Lindsay Ward said...

I love the photo! Even as a CPA, I use turbo tax since I don't usually deal with individual returns. I am sure I add some value anyway though :) Luckily, E&Y will do my returns this year as it will be quite complicated with the foreign tax credit, etc.

denise tucker said...

nope, havent watched the "americans"- used to watch white collar until it moved to the later time zone warp? oh, well guess just have to catch it when it returns in oct./if it returns dont know. the "3-muskateers" look like they were pretty cool looking dudes- and check out the pair of bell-bottoms? love the wide belts, dont know about the hair piece of that middle guy? was he wearing a wig? looks like the "soul-train" seventies....if i am guessing right. with the root canal-ouch have had 2 of those and dont want to open my purse for anymore of those kinds of drillings.. well better read a few of the electronic mails-(which are taking out the post office-single handed, my instructions were to use a stmp to support them) so dont pay any bills on line. [ciao]

SuzieQ said...

So you traded your macrome belt for a tie...what else is different? :) Yave not watched The Americans. I am watching The Following. Sorry about the crown. My denist is using a water pik to clean now...not bad for me, anyway.