Monday, February 11, 2013

The Game Gang Goes On

As has been common since I rejoined the workforce, I am writing the blog on the night before publishing it. I have not yet wanted to spend the extra time at work putting a post together, although I may add anything interesting I hear on the radio from time to time.

The Sunday School lesson went well this morning, although the class was not in a talkative mood. I had to really pull them to get any participation.

We've got our CD recording sessions this coming Friday and Saturday. As of right now, I am not excited about the process. We will record about 14 songs, and this will take around 10 hours. Yeah, my voice is tired just telling you about it.

I found that, by moving back into the building that I was first in some three years ago, I am in the same building as the old group that plays games during lunch. So, I joined them for a game of Munchkin one day. I remember now that one problem is that it often exceeds one hour. This game took 1hr 15min, and I didn't even win. I did not join them on Friday for Zombie Munchkin as I was meeting my former boss for lunch.

Well, I am starting my second week of employment. I know some of the work expected, and we reviewed the new standards I need to follow. So, I know I have a meeting Tuesday morning. Tomorrow, I will build a checklist for the smaller initial efforts I have been assigned. That will let me a) start work with a plan, and b) validate my expected deliverables with my boss.

This CoV is a discussion we had at lunch on Sunday.

[Monday update]
I did hear about the Grammys last night. I actually know a couple of the songs that won, even though I rarely listen to music on my commute. I like some of the Mumford and Sons songs, like I Will Wait. They won Album of the Year. And I like the Song of the Year, We Are Young by Fun.

And I heard the Pope is stepping down, the first to do so since 1415. Yeah, they are saying it is evidence of his deep humility. I suppose that is true.

No comments: