Friday, February 15, 2013

Post-Valentine's Sugar Hangover

Between my sweet tooth and all the candy the school teachers brought home, I don't need any more sugar. How about you? Do you end up with a lot of candy on this day? We went out to eat for our V-Day celebration.

We are watching Once Upon a Time as I write this. Do you watch it? It has been a clever weaving of a modern drama with fantasy characters, and this second season is starting of strongly. Rumplestiltskin is waiting on an airplane right now along with the daughter of Snow White and the Prince and her son.

We are playing some zombie game at lunch on Friday as we send off one of the Games Gang. They have blocked off 2-1/2 hours to play the complete game. I warned them that I may have to leave at 1pm after 1-1/2 hours. They said that is OK if I play the human hero and not a zombie. Speaking of lunchtime, I have read more books on my Kindle since I came back than I did the entire time I was unemployed. Yeah, I felt guilty enjoying time at home and now I can again enjoy my reading.

Oh, speaking of Valentine's Day, I think this is what happened Thursday night...as I remember it after my sugar coma.


Do you remember the accident the other day where coffee creamer closed a freeway? Apparently, a similar situation happened in California with Gatorade. I suspect these are government conspiracies to prevent drinking and driving. Get it? Drinking? Liquid spills? Ha ha.

That's enough for tonight. As usual, I will decide about updates before I post this. [Friday addendum] Well, tonight is CD time. I hope it goes better than I currently suspect that it will. I did mention that they should be sure the microphones are not placed near any of us who tend to sing more loudly than the group, or that he rearrange us to avoid that situation. Come on, guys. You know who you are.

No comments: