Monday, February 25, 2013

They Really ARE Paying Me

My paycheck finally arrived in Saturday's mail. I am glad the USPS hasn't stopped Saturday delivery yet. And I checked the online system and it shows that I have entered my direct deposit info, so the next check should go straight into my account.

The Games Gang played LNoE:TR again today and I was a human. The zombies overran us and we lost. There are so many of them and so few of us. It seems inevitable. I remembered that I had not told you because I am watching The Walking Dead right now as I type this and it is all about zombies.

Need a work-related thought right now. Here's CoV about presentations and the fact that numbers don't lie...do they?


All of you that are not CPAs..how do you prepare your tax returns? I used to use a CPA, but since I still have to gather all the data anyway, and my returns are not complex, it is easier and cheaper to just go ahead and use TurboTax. No, I cannot be sure that it is finding everything that a professional would, but unless I am willing to choose both options one year, I'll live with the software solution. Sorry, NZ Niece and CPA Cuz.

How about this old photo of Half Dome in Yosemite? OK, I guess it is not that old. I took it in 2005. I was playing with some filter effects in Photoshop last week and this was the result.



I am ready for Sunday night dinner. So, I will sign off for the evening. As usual, you will see this tomorrow morning.

[Monday update] Of the top Oscar winners, we have only seen Argo, Les Miserables, and Brave. How about you? Have you seen all or most of them?

[Monday update 2] Hey, I've got a dentist appointment in the morning, so I may post a new blog entry before I go or I may wait until I return. Can't you just cut this suspense with a knife?

2 comments:

denise tucker said...

oscars pic's: was lincoln--which i have seen

les miserable looks like full of great cast which sing from their real voices like "chicago"; it would of been my 2nd place pic.

for the best animation: yes, brave would be the one as kylee would of choice this one for disney!

am glad you upgraded your "allowance" to an actual paycheck..i know how much blessings this brings you! [ciao]

SuzieQ said...

No time for going to the movies, but did borrow Pitch Perfect the other day and enjoyed it...not up for an Oscar? Oh, well. Been able to watch Walking Dead since the beginning. Are you watching The Talking Dead too? You should. I do take my taxes to H&R Block, but not that happy with them...I started that when I did my taxes wrong with Turbo Tax in 2007 and I had to pay a penalty, etc and did not know how to fix them....and the H&R Block guy did it wrong and had to fix it again :|. I see a different guy now.