Thursday, February 07, 2013

Here's Something of Interest

Actually, I am talking about refinancing the house to get a lower interest rate. We just started the process maybe three weeks ago and we closed today. Whoo hoo. We locked in at 2.38%. Have you done it in a while? We had to sign so many stinking forms. It took about 45 minutes. Luckily, we had the Expedition so that we could haul home our copies of the forms.

During lunch on Wednesdays, I am joining a study group to prepare for PMP certification. We have to be ready before July 31 because they are moving to a new version of the test on August 1. I think we can make it. I have to facilitate sessions 7 and 11. We are all taking turns.

When I got back from lunch, I unlocked my screen and saw a website featuring the face of our CIO. It was like he was looking right at me. That is where this came from.

I am writing this on Wednesday night while watching Joe Schmo on Spike. It is a fake reality show where everyone is actors except the Joe Schmo character. Yes, it is profane (hint. no preachers allowed), but we like it.

I decided to play a bit with a photo from our trip to Calico Ghost Town in 2005. Here is a shack beside a small railroad done in a painting style.

Well, it's time to start my fourth day of work. I hope it's a good day...for all of us.

1 comment:

Lindsay Ward said...

Joe Schmo sounds kinda like a show we watched...My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance. We refinanced almost a year ago but only got 4% which was an improvement from our previous since we bought right at the top of the market in 2007. I think my parents just refinanced as well.