Friday, February 08, 2013

Finishing My First Workweek in Several Months

I am starting my last day of my first week back. I am just starting to get engaged in the work for which I was hired. Mostly, I have studied for the certification exam. I have also held a couple of meetings about my first project, and yesterday, I began to review the documentation for projects from the other team members to see what data we are now capturing. It is close, but a little different from three months ago. I am sure I can catch up.

Our team holds its weekly meeting offsite once a month. So maybe today's CoV could be related to that. However, I wrote down the idea on Tuesday, well before I knew about these team building meetings.

Oh man. I am typing this on Thursday night and I just remembered that I need to go pick up the dry cleaning so I have a white shirt for a Chorale concert Friday night. Then we have another concert on Sunday night. And next weekend, we have CD recording sessions on Friday night and all day Saturday. Yeah, I am really excited...not.

[Friday addendum] Man, I thought I was staying kind of ready to awaken early by getting up when MBH went to work. Nope, the 5:15am alarm is just rude and relentless. Still, it does allow me to miss the worst of the traffic and forces me to get my day underway.

Yes, I did scoot by the cleaners last night to pick up my shirts, so I am ready to sing tonight. No, we have not watched the first show of the new season of Smash yet, but yes, we did watch Glee (which had a lot of singing in it. Yeah!). No, I don't have anything else to say, so yes, I am getting to work now.

Have a good weekend.

No comments: