Wednesday, February 27, 2013

NZ & IT & USA

Today's title is almost Olympic in its scope. You'll see the appropriate references throughout the post.

Hey, NZ Girl, I do remember the huge tax returns we had when we were ex-pats. So I understand why you will not be doing your own taxes during this time.

I got some interest in the family shot I shared yesterday, so here's another one. This is Preacher Bro with his raccoon in our backyard here in the USA. That's right. For a while, he had a pet raccoon. She used to enjoy climbing up the arm of our couch and playing in my hair as I lay there watching TV. As she grew up, she started to exhibit some of her natural wild instincts and PB had to release her back into the woods. He did go see her a year or so later and she came to him that once, but not in subsequent years. I apologize in advance for the semi-unclad appearance of the human model.


As I was searching photos, I came across one from when I was with a college group in Europe. We went to the Colosseum in Rome, IT. No, I am not in the shot, but my buddies are. I had forgotten I had this picture.


Even with two photos, though, there is always room for Clarity of Vision.


Tonight, we return to our normal schedule of practice on Tuesdays and concerts every other Sunday with the East Valley Chorale. That's good. It goes along with having a job again. Things are getting back to normal.

[Wednesday update] Ouch. This is the weekend with the second of our annual concerts with an orchestra. That means we have practice Saturday afternoon and concert Sunday night. Oh well.

OK, it is dinner time on Tuesday night. That'll do, at least for tonight.

[Wednesday update] Is the rest of the country as caught up in the Jodi Arias trial as here in the Valley of the Sun? She keeps saying that she cannot remember things because she pays more attention to the prosecutor's attitude and posture and his yelling jumbles her mind. Hmm. I wonder if I could use that at work when I miss a deadline. "Sorry, boss. The client yelled at me and it jumbled my mind."

1 comment:

Lewis said...

I never met Keith's raccoon but I remember the stories about it. Cool picture of the Bee Gees in yesterday's entry. I just can't decide which one of you was the good looking one.