Friday, February 22, 2013

Show Me the Money

Hey, I just checked our bank account and there is no deposit. Whazzup with that? I can only guess that they cancelled my direct deposit request when they let me go and did not ask me about it when I was rehired. I will follow up on this first thing in the morning. Well, more like second or third thing since I will be in the office a lot earlier than the finance team comes in.

Hey, niece, here's the deal with timing. No, first I want to remind you that Survivor airs on Wednesday nights. So, while I write the posts in the evening, I add final comments and post them the following morning so that the date of posting matches that same workday. So, the post talking about Wednesday night Survivor party was indeed posted Wednesday morning. This one that you are reading right now (at whatever time it is in Kiwiland) was written Thursday night and posted Friday morning AZ time.

Linds, since we were already visiting in the previous paragraph, I'll keep talking to you. You're not a newbie on moving between our different time zones, but I am claiming newbie exemptions on stuff at work.



How about a photo? We haven't had one of these in a while. This is a shot of some butterflies at the Botanical Garden back in 2005. Why haven't I shared it before? I am not sure. Maybe I got mixed up with Kiwi time?


The stinking dog is tracking in dirt with his wet paws from all this inclement weather. Yes, I said stinking. Yes, I said inclement. So, sitting here on the couch and looking towards the back door, I see a bunch of little paw prints on the laminate floor. Somebody ought to get up and clean that. Yes, I said somebody.

We played Munchkin at lunch today and your humble author won. It was come from behind steal, but I'll take it. It was just in time, though, because I had a conference call at 1pm and we finished with about five minutes to spare.

Enough for tonight. Final and review in the morning before I post it. If we don't visit again, have a great weekend.

[Friday update] It seems that today, in 1980, was the Miracle on Ice. Don't know what that is? Well, you can check it out at the link, and you can be glad you are a youngster.

1 comment:

Lindsay Ward said...

Hey - can you send me your email?