Thursday, February 21, 2013

Snow in Phoenix?

We are actually experiencing winter weather like many of you live through every year. As you can imagine, it rarely snows in Phoenix, but the TV news is making a big deal of it right now. I guess it is fairly unique. Wikipedia says the last measurable snowfall was in 1998, so it has been 15 years. With the cooler weather, I bet the roads stay wet tonight, so it's a good thing my commute is early. [Thursday update] It wasn't really snow. It was something they are calling graupel. Still, it messed up drivers yesterday.

Tonight is Survivor Party, so I need to make my prediction as to which team will lost the elimination challenge. I guess Favorites last week and I was correct. So, let's go out on a limb and guess Fans. MBH may not be able to go, though, since she has a monthly call with a school-related team. [Thursday update] apparently, now that the season has started, we have to guess the person and not just the team of who will be voted off the island. So, I tagged along with my sister and she steered me correctly. I need to learn their names so I can vote my own way next week.

Speaking of school, a lady I work with has a son at my niece's school. She introduced herself today at a third grade wax museum event (her son was JFK). She is blond, but chose not to attend as Marilyn Monroe. A little too weird, I suppose.

I was assigned a second project today, so things should start heating up soon. That could mean I won't have time to study for my certification at work anymore and may have to actually do homework. In today's prep class, I had taken time to write a story using the keywords, so I was ready for the activity. It includes shopping for his team, having a heart attack and going to the hospital, avoiding surgery, and eating only eggs. Yup. The more visual, the better for memory.

I am not trying to foment dissent, but I am trying to foam a finger.

[Thursday update] I got a note from a reader commenting on a previous CoV. She said it is a good thing the company is cutting back on the breakroom supplies and not toilet paper. That's true. That could get out of hand. OK, I won't pursue that reasoning any further.

I am actually out of things to say already, but that's OK. It is time for Pizza and Wings. If you were reading this and had an opportunity for Pizza and Wings, I would allow you to go. [Thursday update] Pizza and Wings were mighty tasty.

{Final Thursday update] Guy Fieri opened a new restaurant in NYC. However, he did not register a name popularly used to reference the place and someone purchased it and posted a fake menu. The options sound like a SNL skit. Review it here.

1 comment:

Lindsay Ward said...

I am so confused about what time you are posting this. The survivor party already happened?? I thought it was just now Thursday afternoon! I was actually in Florida during a similar "snow" episode. It was all that was on the news and it was less snow than we get in Dallas.