Wednesday, February 13, 2013

One on One Done at One

I had my first 1:1 meeting with my boss Tuesday at 1pm. It went fine. Since I am still getting settled in and do not have any deliverables ready for any projects, we talked mostly about standards and expectations. So that led to scheduling a knowledge transfer meeting on Thursday with another team member to see what the new processes are.

I just returned from Chorale practice; our last one before we record our CD this weekend. On the way back, Dad said the idea of being on a recording reminded him of a favorite vacation memory. It must have been the mid-70s since one of my pianist sisters-in-law was with us. We went to church on a Sunday morning in Granby, CO. The preacher stopped the service before his sermon and said, "I hear a singing group over here in the church," pointing to us. Dad insisted we were just a family. Still, they asked us to come back that night for a concert. So, we borrowed some hymnals and prepared a concert and sang that night. I had forgotten the incident until Dad told me the story tonight. How about you? Any favorite vacation memories? [Wednesday addendum] I almost forgot one important fact that helps Dad remember that Sunday. The pastor's name was Jimmy Carter (no, not that Jimmy Carter). [Addendum 2] This is actually the third CD Dad and I have been on, but that's a story for another day.

As inspiring as that may sound, this CoV is kind of the other end of the spectrum.

Based on what I am reading, it sounds like the President focused primarily on gun control in his State of the Union address tonight. Here is what Yahoo said about the speech. "Still, the speech largely reflected the priorities of a Democratic president returned to office by a convincing margin and who will not face re-election again."

I haven't studied my Sunday School lesson yet. It is Demands #22 and #23, "Strive to Enter Through the Narrow Door, For All of Life is War" and "Strive to Enter Through the Narrow Door, For Jesus Fulfills the New Covenant." Sounds intriguing, right? I can hardly wait to find out what John Piper's point is.

I am listening to the news and it sounds like that crazy ex-policeman in CA has been killed. That was a scary-sounding incident, at least to me.

Survivor Party starts again on Wednesday. Whoo hoo. And it has some returning players that I loved to dislike last time.

OK, enough for tonight. I will post this on Wednesday morning so that the date matches when I normally post. So, there could be an addendum or two if anything catches my eyes or ears before then. [Addendum 3] One of our local freeways is closed because a semi flipped over. It was carrying coffee creamer. Yes, that is a possible CoV idea, although I don't know yet where I would take it. Maybe something about the police milking the situation?]

1 comment:

Lindsay Ward said...

This isn't a vacation memory but your third addendum reminded me of this kiwi ad and I thought you might enjoy it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBTcNMwmm2E. I don't remember the story of the Walker family singing group either.