Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

Well, Survivor is underway with its typical drama. Mentioning that word, though, reminds me of the CoV for the day, so let's look at it before we talk about TV.


OK, Survivor is another season of fans vs favorites. I cannot say who won in case you recorded it but did not watch. However, there are some people back who I love to hate. And we always have fun at the Survivor Party. We took a poll as to which team would have to go to Tribal Council. MBH and I were right an the others missed their prediction.

I heard some talk on the radio on the commute today calling Rubio's weird decision to take a drink of water in the middle of a sentence "Zero Dark Thirsty." Clever, huh?

I guess it is good that I no longer work at US Airways since they are moving to Ft. Worth. Well, unless I wanted to move back to TX, which I don't.

Speaking of TX, though, that is where Dad and Rick and I were on our first album (I said CD yesterday, but they didn't exist back then). We joined our former high school choral director and several others on a Christian musical album and went over to (maybe) Greenville Avenue and spent a Saturday making the recording. And then our second recording session was two years ago with the first of the East Valley Chorale CDs.

Let me wish a Happy Valentine's Day to my valentine of almost 40 years... and to my wife. Ha ha. I crack myself up. Of course I am talking about MBH, who has stuck with me through thick and thin.

I am out of thoughts tonight. I will review this again in the morning before I publish it and might add more content.

[Thursday addendum] On the radio, they talked about the origins of Valentine's Day. It seems Valentinus was stoned and beheaded. What better way to decide to give our loved ones flowers and candy, right? Maybe that's what they stoned him with? Anyway, if I had easier access to CoV tools, I might have replaced today's comic with one about that, but, meh. I don't want to spend the time.

[Thursday #2] I am doing very poorly in preparing for our Sunday School lesson this week. So, I still don't know what the war and the covenant have to do with entering through the narrow door.

[Thursday #3] Oops. I forgot to mention that it is also the anniversary of the Capone St. Valentine's Day massacre. Actually, that sounds closer to the original Valentine's Day activities than the flowers and cards and stuff. Just saying.

No comments: