Monday, January 07, 2013

Waiting for God..Oh!

I am still seeking employment, as you can tell from the title. When you read it, did you think of the play Waiting for Godot? Well I did, but only from the way it sounds, not because the play is any sort of spiritual journey. Certainly, though, I am waiting to find the job God has chosen for me. And the current Sunday School series on What Jesus Demands from the World is beating me up to make sure I stay focused on Him and his provision and not my own fears. This week's lesson about Demand #7 Abide in Me included mentions of the Sermon on the Mount when Jesus talked about how God clothes flowers and will certainly take care of me.

I had resisted actually applying for job at my previous employer, but I have been at home for long enough. So, I submitted my application for a PM job back there. I will also be submitting another application at the "world's largest publicly traded copper company." I tried once, but never heard back.

Hey, guess what this is.
Did you guess that it was a new Clarity of Vision cartoon? Since it has been almost four months, I would suspect nobody saw it coming. It looks different because I no longer have access to Microsoft Visio, so I had to use a Mac-compatible tool.

The bathroom shower rebuild is well underway. We will likely pour the final mortar for the floor this week and that means I need to pick some tile.

Hey, cuz, MBH and I had a good laugh at your last comment. It is almost like you are funny.

OK, let's get 2013 going. I will try not to go so long between updates.

1 comment:

Lewis said...

I'll take almost funny. When you are an accountant you take what you can get in that department.