Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Two Days in a Row?

I am posting two days in a row. It's like a new dude took over my blog, huh? And both of them include a new CoV, too.

Did anyone see this clever video about the merging of Lucas Films and Disney? Check it out. It's got some clever comparisons.

No, there is nothing new right now on the job front. I did submit a couple of applications yesterday, but no news, good or bad.

In today's Bible study, I came across the following quote from C.S.Lewis. "If we consider the unblushing promises of reward and the staggering nature of the rewards promised in the Gospels, it would seem that our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he can- not imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased." Interesting viewpoint, huh? It is part of a lesson on Demand #10 Rejoice and Leap for Joy from John Piper's What Jesus Demands from the World.

The shower is coming along. We plan to pour the rest of the mortar for the floor today. We were not sure if we could do this today since I got called for jury duty, but I just checked and we are released. Whoo hoo. So, about the shower, here is how it looks right now.

Having a Legend in My Own Mind overload yet? I thought so. I'll see you in the next post.

No comments: