Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I Thought It Went Well

My interview yesterday went very well. He also gave me a chance to ask about what things have changed since I was laid off. He expects to make a decision this week. And I have another interview tomorrow with a different group.

My commentary on President Obama's comment that he enjoys skeet shooting at Camp David.

Remember the youtube video of game show responses. Here is another of answers that happened to be right.

Dad and I put in grout yesterday that doesn't seem to match the existing grout. However, the front of the box certainly looked like the old stuff, and that color exists nowhere else in the house, so why would I have a half-empty box of grout we never used? Well, it's what we used, so it will do...at least for now. I may go with a grout colorant at some point in the future, but I would rather get the shower functional again for now.

I have to conduct part of Chorale practice tonight. We are preparing for recording a new CD in a couple of weeks and we have to get used to how the accompaniment tracks speed up and slow down so we can match them. I have to work on 8 songs and my co-conductor will work on the other 5.

So far this year, we are at 1.5" of rain compared to a normal of 1.4". Whoo hoo. Craziness, huh? I will say, though, that drivers here do not handle rain well. Our annual average total is 8.2", so let's see how the year measures up.

OK, I have already exercised for today, so I need to hit the showers, check the job boards, and get a little laundry on. Thanks for this morning's diversion, though. And thanks for sticking with me through all those words.

No comments: