Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Mortar is Hard and So Is Not Working

Dad and I poured a new floor for the shower stall yesterday. I was the laborer and combined the water and mortar mix and Dad poured it and smoothed it. Dad came by last night and smoothed out a couple of high spots. Today, it has hardened significantly, but it still wet looking. Now, we need to finish the curb, the raised border between the shower and our bathroom floor and then lay the tile. We are getting closer.

Also hard is the job search. We have reached the point when our money is getting tight, so all I can do is pray that God will miraculously help us pay the bills and lead me to the perfect job. No, I did not hear from anyone in the last 24 hours, so the search goes on.

We recently changed over to a whole home DVR and can now watch any recorded program in any room. There are some vagaries, but I told those guys to go beg elsewhere. What, that's not what vagaries means? Anyway, the new brighter LEDs on the boxes led to this CoV.



The new year of East Valley Chorale began last night. We have a lot of songs to refine before we make our second CD in mid-February. Just like last time, though, I am not very excited about it. In fact, I have never listened to our first CD.

Hey, NZGirl, where are you? It's time to give us a little update.

You may have noticed that I have not posted many photos lately. Yeah, after I finished the latest photo book, I decided to take a little break. So, here is a page from the book. Preacher Bro got a new zoom lens that goes up to 300mm. Here is a page with a couple of shots I took using his lens. It's pretty nice.

I've spent enough time on this post for today. I'll be back soon, even if I don't have that much to say.

No comments: