Thursday, January 24, 2013

So Near, And Yet...

I got a call yesterday from Apollo and thought that maybe it would be an offer for employment. No, it is for a face-to-face interview (Monday 10am). I tried to convince myself not to read too much into the contact, but deep inside, I was hoping it was the job. However, I know (at least in my heart) that God IS in control. I just need to convince my mind. It is kind of like that old poem about one set of footprints in the sand when God is carrying us (and not leaving us alone as we often feel).

However, please understand that this blog is sharing my life. I am not implying I am more spiritually mature than anyone else. I am prompted to write that after reading today's Bible study. Here is a quote from Demand #16 Humble Yourselves By Making War on Pride, "Even if we do not have a strong sense of merit, we may crave the same result, namely, the praise of men. Jesus warns us not to give to charity or pray or fast in order to be seen by others. “Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them” (Matt. 6:1). “When you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others” (Matt. 6:5). “And when you fast, do not look gloomy like the hypocrites, for they disfigure their faces that their fasting may be seen by others” (Matt. 6:16). Jesus calls them “hypocrites” because in their praying and fasting they want to appear as if they treasure God, but in fact they treasure the praise of men. That is one dimension of pride."

Now all of what I just wrote may not be true with regards to my Clarity of Vision comic. I come up with ideas that I think are funny or clever and then create a set of panels to share them with you. You may not think they are funny, but I do.



We are waiting on the mortar to cure before taking the next step. So today is job search and laundry and haircut day. That sounds fun, doesn't it?

No comments: