Monday, January 14, 2013

And The Award Goes To...


Actually, I did not watch the Golden Globe Awards last night. We had our first Chorale concert of 2013 at a nearby RV park. It went OK. We were a bit ragged on a few of the songs, but we are just restarting after the holiday break, so I'll give us a pass. Dad estimated there were 350-400 in attendance and maybe 65-70 singers.

I did watch a bunch of football over the weekend. None of my teams advanced into the playoffs, but I watch the team that did and saw some good games. Justin, there were no Kiwis here with me, so your viewing parties were probably more fun. I will miss NFL when the 2012-2013 season ends. It does free up time on Sundays and Monday nights, though.

I guess I could read a book, right? I would either need to download some free books on my Kindle or check something out from the library. Speaking of library...



We had a good time with the GRANDS this past weekend. We got them some new dress-up clothes that they wore the whole time. We hit McDonald's for lunch and their indoor playground, and then to an outdoor one at a local school. Even Jack had a good time.

Today, it is back to surfing the job boards. Yes, I do have an interview on Wed, but as I have seen before, nothing is guaranteed.

My Bible study today from the John Piper series is Demand #13 Always Pray and Do Not Lose Heart. Quite timely huh? I am truly seeking His will for my job and my family. Maybe it speaks to you, too? Here is a quote.
"The point is not to finally break God’s resistance but to discover, by patient prayer, God’s wisdom as to the way and time the prayer should be answered. He is not disinclined to help his children and glorify his name. He simply knows better than we do when and how the answer should come. Therefore, our persistence in prayer shows both our confidence that God is our only hope and that he will act in the best way and the best time in response to our persistent pleas."


No comments: