Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Do You Feel The Rumblings?

They have been going on since yesterday afternoon. I talked to Apollo recruiter and he said they will be sending me an offer letter this morning. Praise the Lord! Whoo to the hoo! Of course, I am praying that I know I am in God's will, but he seems to be strongly guiding me in this direction. I will know more tomorrow, but I did not want to keep you in the dark since you have been praying for me.

BTW, I communicated with the guy with whom I had an interview this morning and we agreed this offer is better for me than his would have been. Somehow, I did not know that his open positions were both contract work which would not have included benefits.

This blessing and answer to prayer comes after two chapters in our Bible study about humbling ourselves and two chapters on not being anxious. Those were heaven-sent, huh? This coming Sunday's lessons are on not getting angry and trusting God's providence. Then the following Sunday, Feb 10, I am teaching two chapters on doing the will of our Father so we can be transformed and justified. Remember that this study is free at John Piper's site.

Praising God and having the weight of no job lifted from me does not mean that my mind doesn't still have its odd thoughts. That is evident daily in my Clarity of Vision comics. Here is today's, brought about by the current executive orders on gun control.


I just read that another child has been suspended for having a Nerf gun at school. That will likely be the idea for tomorrow's CoV. Any ideas on where I will take it?

Starting work will mean I have to rethink how/when this blog and CoV will be updated. No, I don't know if it means I will now do my blogging the evening before or still try to do it before my workday begins. Hey, we all look forward to finding out.

2 comments:

Keith said...

Praise the Lord for the offer on its way! We are continuing to pray for you.

denise tucker said...

P.T.L for answers to prayers-i am sure anxiety moved into your thought process? waiting for "whats in store" moment is always so tought? yet we manage to receive the Grace to endure the low valleys when we are in dire need of something in our life. did you say nerf gun? this type of weapon is "old-school" do they still come in those funky types of colors...i preferred the nerf basketball myself, the football was ok, but since i throw like a girl i dont have too many fun types of memories for this particular invention. well better go soon as i am going to visit christina soon ----[ciao] notice its NOT "chow"...whew glad i could get of the "red-neck" lingo arent you? oh well, am not in the "brain-iac" category as some folks are-