Monday, April 30, 2012

I Was Ready On Saturday, But Not Today

That's right. I took notes on Saturday as to which games we played at JV+KLIK Game Night. Unfortunately, I wrote them on my Kindle Fire, but then forgot to bring it today since I eat lunch during a meeting. So, I do remember that Bella's favorite is a card game called Do Over! It is a fun game. I also remember that she and I played Kings in the Corner and she did very well. And the rest of us played Ticket To Ride card game and a new one (to us) called Racko. We had a good time.

My wife sat out the last few games to hold Jack. Still, I hear her classroom phrases enough to document them in today's CoV.

My parents have set Mom's back surgery for June 15. So, she will manage the pain until then using... well, I don't know what, but a muscle relaxant of some kind. Keep them in your prayers.

Years ago, my Architect Bro invented a language with a friend called Maydelle St. Huckster language (or something like that). Anyway, one of the names they created was calling Dad Pap McGruck. Why? I don't know. They called donuts doan-blairs and haircuts were hair-blairs. Why did they both end in blair? Again, who can say. Anyway, why did I think of that language? Oh yeah. I was thinking Dad should start a cooking blog called Chef Pap McGruck now that he is cooking so much. However, he did try Beans and Rice and Sausage and he said it did not work. See, he could even document that. After all, even if I have nothing to say, I say it here in A Legend In My Own Mind.

So, it sounds certain that Alison got the job teaching at a charter school in Gilbert. PTL for that. She even meets parents next Saturday morning. Now, why is it not yet certain if she is meeting parents' There is a Board of Directors and they meet for final approval on teacher recommendations on May 15, so until then, it cannot be 100%.

I hear I will soon be a great-uncle again once Preacher Bro's oldest daughter has their baby. However, there was no news when I left for work earlier today. Of course, I have been a great uncle (get it? An uncle who is great as opposed to a great-uncle) for years.

OK, let's get workweek 18 started. Can you believe we have already lived through 17 weeks in 2012? Anyway, I need to do some data extracts before my 11:30am team meeting. I should have my Kindle with me tomorrow and I will tell you what other games we played.

1 comment:

Lindsay Ward said...

Thanks for the input into my dad. I'm glad Alison found a new position and I hope she loves it!