Monday, April 16, 2012

Over 200 Books Available

Yesterday, I started pulling together all the books that we have read or probably will not read. We ended up with 5 or so boxes containing around 200 books. Believe me, there are still a whole lot of books in the house, so this is not emptying out the bookshelves. We will first take them to a second-hand bookstore to see which they will purchase. The remainder will be donated to Goodwill as a tax write-off for 2012.

A number of you have been asking what I will do for my son's family acronym. Until 8 days ago, they were KLIK (the first initials of each family member). With the addition of Jack, a change is needed. I suggested KLIKnJ (KLIK and J) to some family members, but was roundly smacked down saying that was cheating. Hey, it's my blog and my acronym, so it cannot be cheating. Another option I considered was KLIJK with a silent J. Even I considered that one cheating. So, for now, we are going with a rock group-sounding name. JV+KLIK (JV and the KLIK). For now, at least , Jack Victor gets top billing. You are welcome to respond if you have better suggestions.

You are also welcome to respond if you have your own comic that you wish to submit. Until then, I will keep publishing mine.

We plan to start our next group of pre-packaged fresh meals tonight with Chicken Mexicala. I think we are planning Tilapia for Wednesday. So far, the folks have not eaten any of theirs yet.

I need to do some work before I leave for my root canal later this morning. I had a lower retainer that broke loose and I had it removed last week. When they pulled it out, they found it came loose because my right canine tooth was broken off. No, I am not really looking forward to it, but c'est la vie.

Hope your weekend was great. We'll chat more tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lindsay Ward said...

JV and the KLIK isn't bad! That is alot of books. I am pretty much exclusively kindle books now. I love having my book everywhere with me since I read it on my kindle or my iphone. It also helps that I share an account and books with my mom. I do miss seeing what an actual book looks like though. I saw the hunger games books in a store and got excited about the covers!