Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Choose Your Punchline

Years ago, there was a TV program called Here Come the Brides about settlers in Washington state importing brides from the Northeast. In the intro each week, they would show a segment with the lead character saying, in a low, rumbly voice, "Choose your partners." Why did I think of that today? In today's Clarity of Vision, I was putting words into the character's mouths and it made me remember that voice.

Similarly, there was a TV program called Then Came Bronson where the lead character also spoke in a low, rumbly voice. My brother and I used to imitate him, saying "Hey, man. Give me my parts."

OK, enough reminiscing. Let's look at the CoV that got me thinking about these things.

Glee was good last night. They did a spot-on remake of a Michael Jackson video in black and white that I really enjoyed. All their other MJ arrangements were pretty good, too.

I am still getting over my cold. I am taking Nyquil each night to both clear my sinuses and knock me out. At least, I think that is why I am doing it. I hope I am not addicted.

No, I did not hear from the VP about my report. However, another group wants to talk to me about using some of the extracted data to help generate some capitalization expense numbers.

Well, the time has come, the blog author said, to talk of many things. However, they are all work-related and I don't want to bore you, so let's agree to disagree about when I am finished. I say, "Right now."

No comments: