Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Whazzup With This Cold?

I cannot shake this cold. I was feeling better towards the end of last week, but through the weekend and still today, I am struggling. I missed Sunday's Chorale concert and will not go to practice tonight. Yes, I am taking some OTC medicines to control it, but it still seems to be the one controlling things.

One thing we have no control over is the arrival of a new day, this one being Valentine's day. Happy Valentine's Day, dear. Today's CoV is not meant to imply I think any of our years together were not happy. This is a comic strip, not our story.Oh, you want to hear our story? Well, that is saved for another day, but I imagine I slipped my beloved a Valentine's present even before we were officially a couple. That's just the kind of guy that I am.

Apparently, we have a chance for the last rain until monsoon season in July. Sounds nice, huh? Of course, it will be nothing like the mess that rolled through TX and the middle of the country earlier this week, but it will be good for the Valley.

Listen, you've got things to do, flowers to deliver, cards to write, chocolates to share. Go ahead. I understand. Enjoy your happy years. We'll visit again soon.

No comments: