Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Whadayacallits

How many words do we have in English that describe other words or concepts when we cannot think of what we want to say before our mouth utters the words? Where's what's-his-name? I need that whatchamacallit. Those kinds of words or phrases. So, today a guy was making coffee and asked if I knew where the gizmos were. I had to look over for a visual clue before I could answer him. That led to today's Clarity of Vision.

So, Brenda has a new post, but it does not register on my page. What is up with that? Why do I have that portal on mine if it does not consistently work?

I do have new photos of the grandgirls, but since I post this first thing at work, I don't have access to photos at home. Yes, I know. What's up with that? I need to put some up the night before and then I can just add the CoV the next morning. I can't do CoV at home because I don't have Visio for Mac.

I'm in that weird possibly sick place. I don't feel sick, but I don't feel right. I took some cold medicine at bedtime last night and did sleep OK. We'll see how today goes.

We caught up on two episodes of LOST last night. So, we are on disk 5 of 6 for Season 3. Still on target to be ready for Season 6 in February.

5 comments:

The Grandparents said...

Okay, go to Brenda's blog and check the picture of Caleb twirling the color-blinking thingie. Why did the picture capture at least two twirls of the colors, but stop the motion of the thingie itself completely? For the unenlightened I'll post the answer tomorrow.

Craig Weeks said...

Boy, the red, crunchy, sometimes sweet, sometimes tart fruit thingy did not fall far ...

Keith said...

I took the picture! You think I don't know?!? But for the sake of suspense, I'll leave the question unanswered. (Isn't this exciting?)

The Grandparents said...

What? I paid you 5 bucks for that picture. Thought you were a park employee.

The exciting (and educational) answer:
The camera shutter was open for half-a-second or so, capturing a couple of twirls of the light, but the electronic flash which illuminated the thingie, Caleb, me, etc. was only about one one-thousandth of a second in duration.
Now you know.
Visit my website for other interesting scientific observations.

Keith said...

I'm sure the appetites of all have been whetted. To which website should we go for the promised "interesting scientific observations"?