Tuesday, December 15, 2009

10 Shopping Days Left

Wow! Just a couple of weeks left in 2009. Maybe I am living a LOST episode with time travel because the year seems to have passed by so quickly. I guess that is what being employed all year does for you.

What did not pass quickly was a firetruck that passed by just as I was getting onto Broadway Rd. Well, actually it did pass quickly, and I started thinking what Kathie would say if she were in the car. "Honey, we should pray for that family." In my warped mind, though, I compared the difference between my initial thoughts and Kathie's.
In my email, I got a coupon for a buy one, get one deal at Spicy Pickle. It said birthday on it, so I thought it was for my b-day. No, it was for theirs. Anyway, we had that for dinner and it was good. Plus, I had half a sandwich left for today's meal. Suh-weet. I also have a free meal or two around, but I cannot remember where right now. I think I can go to a movie free on my b-day, too. Cha-ching, baby.

Glee is off the air until April. Now I know how the LOST fans felt when their show disappeared for months.

I think tonight's Chorale practice is really just a Christmas meal get-together. I will go, but I am not excited. I will go ahead and eat beforehand and just flit around and visit.

I have a meeting at 8:30am, but the dude I meet with just walked by. Man, they are getting in earlier and earlier. I suppose I'd better knock out a couple of things before we meet.

1 comment:

Craig Weeks said...

Either you are a gifted writer or my memory is not completely shot ... yet. How many years upon years is it since I have heard the sound of Kathie's voice? Yet, I totally *heard* what you wrote. I could hear the tone and timbre of her voice, and see that little smile she had as she sincerely suggested a prayer opportunity. Yes, I smiled at it. Constancy is a good thing in some matters.

Could we get even a short little video of the flitting ... PLEASE?