Friday, December 18, 2009

Happy B-Day, Dad

Yep. Dad's birthday seems to roll around every year on 12/18. That means each of us has one more week to try and decide what we can get him for Christmas that he'd like. He doesn't really need anything, but we have to give something. Oh well, I've got 7 more days, why rush it?

Today's CoV is not at all what I designed yesterday. Somehow, a different idea came to me on the way in today since I wore my Santa tie. I will save the original idea and use it a different way on a different day.
Holiday potluck today. I brought a fruit platter (cool, it includes mango). Except - bummer - I've got a meeting from 10:30-11:30, so I cannot start nibbling early, nor get in line to make sure I get some of the few meat dishes. Ehh, what are you going to do, huh?

Kendall comes over tomorrow at 1pm to spend the afternoon with us. The rest of her family is, I think, going to the movies. Then they'll come over and we'll have a birthday celebration like no other. Actually, it will probably be like most others, except that we will eat out instead of Lyndsay cooking. I asked for those date bars instead of a cake, so we'll see what she found. Yes, it is exciting. Yes, I will tell you about it next week.

2 comments:

Keith said...

Happy Birthday! I pray you have a great day today. (Sorry I'm a little late getting your greeting posted. I've been at church activities sine just after 6:00 this morning and I just got home [11:30].)
We love you and appreciate your daily blogs.
The Precher bro.

Zachary said...

Happy Birthday, when is the day, today or yesterday? Hopefully today, then I'm not late. Enjoy your birthday, or possibly the day after your birthday!