Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Music 24x7

I am sure that each of you has at least one radio station playing Christmas music 24x7 during the season. We have one that goes from Top 40 to Christmas just before Thanksgiving and lasts until the end of December. Plus there is at least one Cox Music Channel dedicated to Sounds of the Season. With that much time to fill, you can imagine that some of the songs are less traditional than others. And then there are lots of repeats. And that does not count all the Holiday songs I have in my iTunes. Still, this is not one of them.
Do you remember a box cookie mix from Betty Crocker for Date Bars? Well, it was one of my favorites, but they stopped making it 20+ years ago. So, for my birthday, I have challenged Lyndsay to make me a good substitute. Isn't that exciting? Well, it is for me. Hey wait, does that mean I have to share it? We'll see about that.

So, the dude I worked with yesterday is sitting in a cube directly behind me. I feel a little self-conscious writing this with him there working. OK, not enough to not do it, but I feel his eyes on my back. It's like when Jeremiah Johnson is in the Indian graveyard and realizes something is not right. So, I was thinking about stopping this a paragraph ago, but I haven't stopped yet. Hey, I give the company plenty of hours.

We did not sing last night at Chorale practice. It was our annual potluck. I did indeed flit between tables, although there is no video to prove it. Sorry to those of you waiting on the DVD. And we do not have practice the next two weeks, so there is at least one episode of LOST per night that I can watch.

No, I do not know my publishing schedule for CoV during the holidays. You and I can both be surprised when we see one.

8 comments:

Keith said...

To start with, Date Bars are way down on my list, whether they're made by Betty or Lindsay. However, when it comes to discontinued grocery store items, the one I think I miss the most is the caramel/pecan breakfast rolls that came in a can in the cold foods aisle. Several years ago, they changed the recipe and now they no longer have pecans. An easy fix, perhaps, but less convenient.
And now on to Jeremiah Johnson.... At least in Phoenix, you don't have to worry about a psychotic co-worker jumping out of a snow bank and trying to kill you!
Nonetheless, Watch yer topknot!

Unknown said...

Hey, it's Lyndsay. So here's what I have. I went on the Betty Crocker website and apparently there is a big to do about these date bars. Anyway, there is a lady who posted a recipe on the website who believes it to be pretty close to the box recipe. That's the one I'm going to make so we will see how it goes. Now, if I can just find dates. The store has been sold out for 2 days...who likes dates???? :)

Keith said...

We live only 45 minutes east of the world famous China Ranch Date Farm. C'mon out and we'll take you to get dates!

Lindsay Ward said...

Ok, first I was going to say what Keith said...really, dates?? Second, I was going to say whay Lyndsay said...that is not how you spell her name. So instead I'll go with...I miss the spaghetti seasoning that my mom used to buy. She got the recipe but now we have to make it ourselves...decidedly less convinent but still good :)

Anonymous said...

Lol, Lindsay, I was telling Randy it was me since it was an anonymous comment. But, yes, it is spelled with a "y". Yum, spaghetti seasoning...maybe I need that recipe. We love spaghetti...much more than we love dates :)

Keith said...

Sorry about the misspelling Lyndsay. Did any of you check out the link to China Ranch Date Farm?

CrazyUncle said...

Of course I had to check it out. I had to see if China Ranch offered Date Bars. They don't sell them. They do sell them in Dateland, AZ, but that is over 3 hours away, so I have not had any in a couple of years.

Anonymous said...

I checked it out. However, I am not a fan of dates. Randy, word is, there are really good amazing date shakes at a place we drive by on the way to the Dis...another reason to go!