Friday, September 11, 2009

In Memoriam

Today is, of course, the day when our country remembers the worst terrorist attack on US soil. Over 3000 lives were taken on a day that shocked America with our vulnerabilities. For our family, though, it is also the day when my mother-in-law went Home to be with Jesus in 2007. We miss her and pause a moment to reflect on what she meant to us, and especially to Kathie. Grandma, we love you and look forward to being reunited again when God calls us Home.

I tried to find a way to honor the day in Clarity of Vision, but could not do it justice. So, as I sent out CoV at work, I said the same type of thing, although without any overt religious implications. I wonder what they think of when they consider where their lost loved ones might be right now?

Anyway, here is the regularly scheduled comic (well, scheduled for today after pushing it out the last two days for the Obama speeches - but no Obama today, OK?)

Speaking of CoV, I do have three already written for next week. Two about running or exercise and one about the neighborhood where our office is located. Nothing about Obama is queued up right now, nor anything about ant farms, nor The Beatles Rock band. I don't know where those topics came from. I was just typing and seeing what I would write.

Tonight, a local barbershop chorale is giving a free concert at the Chandler Center for the Arts. I am trying to convince Kathie we should go. Doesn't that sound fun? I would not have thought about it except for a link Craig posted recently about a group singing a medley of songs from The Music Man, and it was fun to watch.

1 comment:

Zachary said...

I do enjoy listening to some good barber shop harmony! Hope you can convince your wife!