Tuesday, September 22, 2009

All EV, All The Time

Today's post seems to be all based in the East Valley. Let's start with my discussion with the Mayor of Gilbert. I noticed he was in his work office yesterday and dropped in. He was gracious and we talked for a few minutes. He is putting together some type of Men of Faith group in Gilbert, so I pointed him to our church's web site and the minister's email addresses. Anyway, no, he did not really do this to me.
Sure, I am a little nervous. Wouldn't you be? I am going to try and sit in with the East Valley Chorale tonight. I have not sung in over a year, so I may not make it through even a single song, but since the folks went back, I reckon I can try. Yes, I used the word reckon.

They have not moved me back to my old building yet. That's OK by me. It is quieter here and a little easier commute.

I purchased a new card reader last night, but have not used it yet, so no pics. Lyndsay posted some in Facebook, so you can check those out. And someone made a smart-alecky remark about me talking to this lady who thought the granddaughters were "just lovely." Well, go take a look.

2 comments:

The Mooring Crew said...

Good luck tonight! What's the worst that could happen? I do miss the pictures and am glad that you got a new card reader. See you Sunday

Anonymous said...

I am beginning to think that all these pics do not actually exist and you must just pretending to take them. We have had promises of pictures for months...I think the card reader just broke right? :) Good luck at chorale tonight!