Friday, September 18, 2009

Another Day LOST

We got busy with regular TV stuff last night (Survivor, Top Chef) and did not watch LOST. This is not good. After all, we will not be able to make up missed episodes tomorrow since we are driving over to Florida for some apple picking thing. (Actually Willcox, AZ, but I don't know where that is). Still, I have not given up.

I saw the mayor of Gilbert here yesterday, so I thought of that this morning when I was searching for cartoon inspiration. He said that he likes to start his day with Dilbert and CoV. Yeah. I will start with a mayor and work my way up. Maybe when he becomes president, I can be the official presidential cartoonist?

Here is what we are going to tomorrow with the granddaughters and their family.
My-Oh-My Apple Pie Weekend & Country Craft Fair
September 19-20
7:00 AM – 5:30 PM

A celebration of all things Apple Pie! Start your day with our famed “All-You-Can Eat” pancake with apple pie syrup breakfast, served both mornings from 7:30 AM – 10:30 AM. Enjoy free samples of our scrumptious apple pies! Indulge in homemade Apple Crumb Pie ice cream! Apple-smoked burger lunches served 11:30 AM – 4 PM. Complimentary wagon rides to the orchard for pick-your-own apples. Crafters from around Arizona will be set up from 8 AM – 4 PM each day with beautiful handmade crafts for sale. Apple Pie Baking contest Saturday, 2:00 PM with local celebrity judges. All homemade apple pie entries must be turned in at Apple Annie’s Orchard by 1:00 PM; please submit a copy of the recipe with the entry. Apple Annie’s gift certificates of $100, $75 and $50 will be awarded to top 3 pies! Pie Eating Contest Sunday, 2 PM. Age groups 8-12, 13-17 and 18 & older. Participants under age 18 must have a signed parental release form. Entries accepted beginning at noon on Sunday. Participation limited to 10 in each category. Prizes will be awarded in each age group. ”My-Oh-My Apple Pie“ is a great way to celebrate the beginning of fall!


I know. Between LOST and stuff, I have been remiss in posting photos of any kind. I have not even taken the time to play with them, much less post them.

Still thinking about attending Chorale next Tuesday. Just thinking.

1 comment:

Lewis said...

Kids must have a signed parental release form for an APPLE PIE EATING CONTEST! What, do they expect someone to blow up? Ah well, a sign on the times, I suppose.