Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Finnegan, Begin Again

Wasn't there some kind of a rhyme that used that as part of the never ending verse? It feels really familiar, but I cannot find the rest in my head. Something about whiskers on his chinnegan. You know what I am talking about? Like the little verse that goes "Around a corner and under a tree, a sergeant major, he said to me, oh who would marry you, for I would like to me, 'cause every time I see your face, it makes me want to go around a corner...." Why did I think of this? Oh, I remember. I began my new job yesterday. Well, we have 1-2 months to fully close out old stuff, but the new org met yesterday afternoon, so I met my other teammates. I will get to learn new things, so I am excited, and a little nervous. Hey, maybe I will get some inspiration for CoV?

All my desk stuff is packed, so I am just waiting on the official mover dudes to pick it all up and move me 3 miles or so to near the main campus. The 3 miles is not in a line towards home, so I will still have almost the exact same commute from home. Still, it is more convenient than Alison's 42-mile commute, but less than Kathie's 0.75-mile commute.

We are in that in-between stage when we have watched everything on the DVR, but the fall season has not yet started, so there is little to watch or record. In two weeks, though, there will be too much, so I will try to enjoy this time and maybe try to play with photos a bit.

Kathie and I are taking a little long weekend trip to Flagstaff this weekend to celebrate our 33rd anniversary. Nothing special planned, but it will certainly be cooler up there.

2 comments:

The Grandparents said...

There once was a man named Michael Finegan
He grew whiskers on his chin-agan
Along came the wind and blew them in again
Poor old Michael Finegan - begin again

Lindsay Ward said...

There once was a man named Michael Finegan. He grew fat and then grew thin again. Poor old Michael Finegan - begin again.