Thursday, September 10, 2009

Easy! Just Don't Get Sick.

What a co-inky-dink. Two politically themed comic strips in a row. Well, the prez just happened to make speeches within just a couple of days of each other. What would you do? Here, read this.

I am still in that weird no-man's-land between jobs right now. We are still defining what the new team will do, and the old team still needs some reporting assistance. They say this is allowable for 30-60 days. Mostly, I want to get comfortable with my role here because I am joining an already established team with accepted roles.

I am going to try the Ezekiel bread today with lunch. It is supposed to be healthier and help deal with acid reflux. However, as you probably know, it is not cheap to eat healthy. There was another brand there called Genesis something. Wow, are they going to offer bread for all 66 books in the Bible? Maybe we can mix and match? "Yes, I would like a sandwich with Peter on top and Paul on bottom. I am sorry, sir, Paul always goes on top of Peter." "No sir, we do not have any Lazarus bread. That brand died." Oh stop your groaning. I am also trying soy nut butter instead of peanut butter.

Alison has bronchitis. Apparently, they don't give medicine for that anymore, although she did get some prescription cough medicine. It looks just like some effective medicine we used to get in Mexico, so hopefully, she slept better last night.

4 comments:

Craig Weeks said...

You peaked in panel #2. I suppose this is a common challenge for cartoonists.

SuzieQ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SuzieQ said...

I agree, Panel #2 - excellent comment - too bad it was not called out in the speech instead of "You lie". Could have used the press coverage on this one instead...

Unknown said...

in case anyone is interested if it really was a lie:

http://mediamattersaction.org/factcheck/200909090009