Friday, July 10, 2009

Happy Birthday, Rick

I don't know how you are celebrating, but maybe some of us are celebrating your birthday by going to the beach in San Diego and up to Disneyland for the evening. Hey, I said maybe. Others of us might celebrate by assembling Ikea furniture in a front bedroom. Can't you see I am trying to say Happy Birthday?

Enough birthday news. Let's get on to Clarity of Vision. Before we get there, though, recent comments (and similar comments here at work) have alluded to the desire for a new name for the comic strip. OK, send them on, my friends and family. No guarantees, but maybe, if I rename it, I will send the winner something special, like a copy of the soundtrack to Jeremiah Johnson or something. Hey, I said maybe.

Dad gum it! You heard me. Dad, take out your teeth and gum it. That is one weird phrase, isn't it? Anyway, my invective was because I still did not get around to posting more vacation pictures. Well, it is the weekend. Hopefully, I will take some time to do that in the next couple of days. However, Kathie and crew come back tomorrow night and I'd like to get as far as I can on Alison's room, so it probably will not happen before Sunday.

July 24 is the last CoV I have written so far. I have got to get the mental funny bone in gear and crank out more hilarity and joviality. And this is just for four-panel strips. Now you can see why there has only been one eight-panel strip so far.

3 comments:

Craig Weeks said...

You already have the new name: Dad Gum It. I'm sure that PMs the world over have plenty of reason to understand and use it.

The loan period for the use of "invective" is coming to a close. Please return it in the condition in which you found it.

Anonymous said...

I like the strip today but old grumblebottom is gonna get you for the teeth remark.

Carey

Caleb said...

What if we already have a copy of the Jeremiah Johnson soundtrack? Would you give the winner a genuine Hawkin? Maybe?
Thus far I've gotten more amusement from your political themed cartoons than from your office ones. I suppose that that indicates more about the reader than the author however.