Monday, June 30, 2014

The End of the First Half of 2014

We made it through half of this year. I say 'we' assuming that you were born before January 1 and, since you are reading this now, you are still hanging around reading blog posts. Did it go quickly for you? Jan-Jun, I mean. It certainly seemed quick to me.

Once upon a time, the Phoenix Suns brought in Charles Barkley in hopes of getting an NBA championship. While they did reach the Finals, they did win the title. Now, they are thinking to make noise again by pulling in LeBron James PLUS a player of HIS choice to get there again. What do you think? Is that a good idea?

Thanks to MBH for the idea for today's Clarity of Vision comic.













Do you like cheesecake? Do you like pretzels? Do you like potato chips? Do you like chocolate? I would not, could not in a box, but you might like them all combined in a single dish. You can see more about this Guy Fieri dessert right here.

Have you ever rated any of the apps on your smartphone or tablet? I have not, although I have really only been in the smartphone world for a month or so. Anyway, would you be tempted to lower a rating if the company displayed a window giving you only a 5-star rating or Remind Me Later choices? I think that I would be.

Oh, Dave Hax, you clever chef, you. Hey, how many of you have ever wanted to know how to cut a dozen or so cherry tomatoes in half WITH ONE STROKE? Well, that's a lot of you, so I will add the link into today's blog post.

Speaking of foods, Scotland wants to be able to import haggis to the US. It has been banned since the '70s due to fears of Mad Cow Disease. Then again, maybe that was just our cover story and the US wanted to ban it because...well, have you ever TASTED haggis?

Speaking some more about foods, haven't some of you been secretly wishing you could get your morning cup of joe, yet not give up your wakeup wine (I made this up, but feel free to use it)? Well, now you can have both...in a single drink. Look at the details here.

Ding Blast It! Once again, I forgot to upload my recent photos to my computer. Well, I would not have had them today anyway since I am writing this at work, but I need to get them off my camera. Maybe I will remember tonight.

I think I have more to say, but you have heard enough. Today seemed to mostly be about foods and sports, so let's label it a Guy's Post (if you are one who like to label things). If not, call it a Link-Fest and don't worry about the topics included within. And whether you call posts anything or not, let's call this one DONE.

No comments: