Tuesday, June 17, 2014

I Hope Tuesday Isn't Just a Second Monday This Week

Not that Monday was that bad, but one a week is enough.

Today, the Watergate burglary happened back in '72. And in '92, Charles Barkley joined the Phoenix Suns. And in '94, OJ was cruising around LA in a white Bronco.

How would you like to see a couple of cutie-pie Oompa Loompas? I saw them last week in a local production of Willy Wonka. They did a good job. If you forgot, that would be K in red on the left and I in purple on the right.























Look what I read today. "It would cost $343,368 to buy every product featured in June’s issue of Vogue. If you’re on a budget, buy everything in Real Simple instead. That’ll cost you a mere $15,581." I don't read either of those, so I just saved almost $360K. For a whole lot less, you can make your own chocolate caramel doughnut holes, thanks to Martha Stewart.

What is the difference between an analogy and a metaphor? Do you know? I read some the other day and here are a couple of them for your morning mirth.

"His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like underpants in a dryer without Cling Free."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up."

"Her vocabulary was as bad as, like ... whatever."

The team that was outsourced is gone now, leaving behind the detritus and debris of someone who can leave their past behind. It is certainly quiet in my area. OK, this is only the second workday without them, but I miss their banter. So, in their honor, I came up with another CoV about pacemakers.













No! Do NOT tell me anything about the finale of Game of Thrones. It is hard enough to avoid on the interweb, but I am waiting on MBH to get back home before I watch it. If you reveal anything, I will send you over to Preacher Bro's house after he builds his indoor shooting range (he said he was interested in building one in a comment on yesterday's blog, and I believe him 'cause he's a man of the cloth).

Have you ever wondered what might lie beneath famous paintings. Neither have I, but apparently some people do. This story is about a bow-tied dude underneath Picasso's The Blue Room. Maybe it just some degenerate watching the lady bathe? They have also found a mustached man beneath Picasso's Woman Ironing. Maybe Picasso was just a canvas thief who used someone else's masterpieces as the base for his own stuff?

Would you attend a quidditch match in your town? Have you ever even heard of quidditch? If not, you are obviously not an HP fan. Eighty teams competed in SC back in April. It looks like UT won for a second straight year. Here is a photo of a guy that I think is actually flying.
















Like to cook? Even if you do (ahem. daughter-in-love), living the life of a head baker just does NOT sound fun.

Spoiler alert. There are still 623 GM cars that have not been recalled. D'Oh. Do not read that last sentence. It might show up as a Clarity of Vision in the future. OK, you can read it, but don't tell anyone else.

I found some interesting links today (did you just say "I didn't notice"? How dare you. Go re-read the whole post) and I had time to talk. Thanks for sticking with it all the way to the end.

No comments: