Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Links to Love

For some reason, I woke up this morning with the song "I Love to Laugh" from Mary Poppins in my head. Isn't that crazy? And thinking of the movie made me think of a joke they set up early in the movie whose punchline did not arrive until the end of the show. "I met a man with a wooden leg named Smith." "Really? What was the name of his other leg?" That is certainly classic material, and delivered in much the same way as the last panel of my comic.

I did not see Saving Mr. Banks, but I will watch it sometime on HBO. Anyway, it is well known that P.L.Travers did not like the movie adaptation of Mary Poppins. Here is a list of some other authors who did not like the film version of their books.

While we are on old movies, look at this very interesting infographic about the Ghostbusters movies. Can you believe it has been 30 years since the original was released? And here are a few of the iconic locations from the film. Check them out if you make it to NYC. I've never been there, although SS and D-I-L have been twice (wait. I think that is right.)

I just saw that Drunk History on Comedy Channel has been renewed for a second season, and has a bunch of celebrity actors in it. Have you ever heard of it? I may have to check that out.

This potato recipe sounds good and fits into my diet. remind me to try it soon. I am ready for some variety.

And I noticed that kale is not one of the top powerhouse vegetables. It is certainly an acquired taste.

I just read about a dude who is turning an old jet into a home. If I tried that on my tiny lot, I could probably only fit the cockpit (plus, hopefully a galley for meals and a bathroom). Don't you hate airplane bathrooms? I can never stand upright in them.

Did you say you were tired of waiting for today's Clarity of Vision? Well, let's fix that.













Yup, time to earn my keep here at the office. I did find some links to share today, so that must mean it will be a good day, right? See you tomorrow.

No comments: