Monday, June 16, 2014

Post-Father's Day Back At the Job

Speaking of Monday, there are things that successful people do. However, updating their blog is NOT mentioned. What is up with that?

I have been thinking of setting up a shooting range inside my house. Did that sentence make you do a double-take? I hope so. Still, I did find some build instructions for doing just that. And in the illustration, the dude doesn't even need ear protection. How did any of us even grow up safely?

I had a fairly quiet Father's Day. As you remember, we actually celebrated last week, so yesterday, I had lunch with my father, plus Mom and IT Sis. I did get texts and calls from my family. They are over in SoCal at Knott's and Disney. I did finish watching the final episodes of NBC's Revolution. I would like to have seen an actual series end with tying up of the story lines. Oh well.

It did lead me to say this.













Spurs win! The Spurs win! Meh, I didn't really care either way.

Look at the title of this article about Hillary Clinton. Really? Is that where her book tour actually originated? If so, should Christians vote for her? (No hints. You'll have to follow the link to see what I am talking about).

I am not saying this story is anything like the team that just left the company. I am not saying it is not, either. Know what I'm saying?

“The thing is when you ride your motorcycle you can’t let the motorcycle get control of you and at that point the motorcycle took control of me and I just kept going faster and faster,” he said. “But again at no point did I feel I was running from the cops.” Sure, I believe this guy's story that being clocked at 157mph is the motorcycle's fault, not his. Don't you?

Do you like behind-the-scenes type books? This one about Jay Leno could be interesting. Let me know if you read it. (Hmm. Did I mean read -pronounced reed- it in a future sense, or read -pronounced red- in a past-tense? Either way works).


1 comment:

Keith said...

I'm definitely building me one of those home-shooting-ranges!