Thursday, June 19, 2014

Thursday Thaumaturge

One of the problems with living so long is the brain gets stuffed with information that pops up at weird times. i was trying to title today's post and wanted some words that began with the same 'th' sounds as Thursday. 'Thaumaturge' popped into my mind. It means 'a wonder worker'. I don't claim to be that (well, not ALL the time), but it did give me a title and taught y'all a new word.

Happy Anniversary to Salesman Son and Daughter-in-Love. Nine years is something to be proud of. And your three young-'uns are precious. We are lucky you live close so we can see them (and you) often.

Speaking of not living close, the folks are at the annual family reunion. Dad or CPA Cuz, if you read this during the reunion, tell everyone we said hi.

Did you know that John Wayne once played Genghis Kahn in a movie? This answers.com article shows some others that they consider miscast. I can't disagree.

Speaking of watching things, I will admit that cable is a necessary evil for our family. I read now that it is not only costly in terms of money, but also in terms of power consumption (which, still, relates to money). The total is not anything like the cost of a pool, but the DVR boxes still run about $8 per month in electricity costs. I should cut back to save money, but I will worry about that after I watch GoT while taping MasterChef and Real Housewives of OC on other boxes.

I did see a video on the news about a California mayor who threw dog poop on his neighbor's yard. Here's what I have to say about that.













I also have a few more of those crazy quotes I have shared the last couple of days.

"Her hair glistened in the rain like a nose hair after a sneeze."

"Hailstones leaped from the pavement, like maggots when you fry them in hot grease."

"Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph."

OK, I didn't see anything else for sharing today, and I do have a deliverable due to my boss last night that I need to review before I submit it. No, this is not 'dog poop' for my 'neighbor', but I need to be sure I did it right. Have a good one.

No comments: