Friday, June 20, 2014

You Were Warned

If you follow this blog at all, something is wrong with you. That's not exactly what I started to say, but it's true. Get a life, you people. What I started to say before my brain hijacked my fingers was if you read the blog, you were warned that an idea I wrote about might become fodder for a new comic. Sure enough, I chose a path and knew what I wanted to say in the comic.















If you don't know, a ticker is the scrolling information in a stock exchange that tells you the value of each stock. It used to be on a paper tape whose noise sounding like clicking as it printed; hence, the name.

Something I do not usually do is post something here that I have not already enjoyed. I am doing that now in hope it will be interesting when I look at it myself tonight. What am I talking about? This story about a nutritionist who showed clients a table filled with everything they ate that week. It sounds fun, but the filters at work will not let me see it. I hope it is not objectionable.

I am not looking for a job right now, but I will keep these tips in mind when I am ready. You should, too.

Teacher Daughter, would you see True Blood: The Musical?

Speaking of music, have you ever heard of the group OK Go? Whether you have or not, they do make extremely interesting videos. The first I remember is the one using clever treadmill moves for the song Here It Goes Again and you can see it here. Then, they built a Goldberg-esque machine for This Too Shall Pass. Their latest is really clever. Watch The Writings on the Wall. Go. Do it. You will be glad you did.

Did you watch Breaking Bad over the last few years? Are you excited for Better Call Saul? Bad news - the premiere has been pushed back from November to sometime next year. Boo. Good news - they have already renewed it for a second season.

Today's CoV did not have any references to bathroom humor. If you miss that, watch this Grey Poupon commercial.

SS and D-I-L, I expect you will want to go to HP and E from GB when we go to Orlando, won't you?

This is long enough, and I am sure I need to do something at work. No meetings scheduled for the morning, although I do have two scheduled at 1pm. I am sure you need to do something also. Have a wonderful weekend and let's get together on Monday, refreshed and ready for a new week.

No comments: