Monday, June 23, 2014

Monday - My Less-Common Day of Rest

We are keeping the GRANDS for a few days, and let me tell you, parenting is not a spectator sport. They are constantly on the move, especially the two-year-old. So, I am hoping that being at work fora while today gets me recharged. Luckily, all were asleep by 10ish last night.

You know, so many music videos are silly or weird. Here is an old one with Jagger and Bowie that has the music removed and grunts and groans added. I actually snickered out loud (and I don't mean the candy bar). Go watch it immediately before you forget.

I don't know about y'all (because, if I did, I could be convicted of peeping of something), but I tend to get hot at night...even with a fan on me. So, when I saw this article, I had to read through it. For me, the chilipad looks interesting, but a bit high-priced.

How many of you have ever thought about taking a "bazillion" photos. The man that wrote this article about Apple's new offering has. A bazillion, huh? That sounds like a lot. Seriously, though, it does sound promising.

I read somewhere that, no matter where you are in the State of Michigan, you’re never far from a lake; every location in the state is within 85 miles of one of the Great Lakes and within six miles of one of the 11,000+ smaller inland lakes. Living in the desert, I would bet our numbers are not quite so close. Plus, I am sure we don't have 11,000 lakes in the state, and probably not even 1,100.

Speaking of desert, some of the first Star Wars movie was filmed in the desert near Yuma. Just a little fun fact there. And that leads me to today's CoV.













Let's get a few more of those silly quotes that I started last week.
"John and Mary had never met. They were like two hummingbirds who had also never met."

"The plan was simple, like my brother-in-law Phil. But unlike Phil, this plan just might work."

"The young fighter had a hungry look, the kind you get from not eating for a while."

We have not done so yet, but we almost always hit McD's when the GRANDS stay with us. However, in recent customer satisfaction ratings, they did not fare well.













To keep you satisfied, though, I will call it quits. No, I mean just for today. Have a Marvelous Monday, minions.

No comments: