Wednesday, June 18, 2014

It's the Real Thing (Both Coke and This Blog)

Have you heard that Coke is releasing a new version of its drink sweetened with stevia. You can read about it here, but there was a quote in the article I want to share. "Coke Life isn’t exactly a diet drink. According to the Guardian, it contains more than four tablespoons of real sugar and has about 89 calories per can—less than the 140 calories found in a can of regular Coke, but hardly something that will be championed by the quinoa crowd." It appears I must be part of that "quinoa crowd", right? Whoo hoo. I'm mainstream.

This looks like an interesting article, but I am blocked from it at work. By placing the link in my blog, maybe I will remember to check on it at home tonight.

One of the changes impacted by my eating habits is the (in)frequency with which I go to fast food places. That said, this was interesting about a dude ordering different things at places and then asking that they remake it to actually match advertising photos. No, I probably would not be willing to try. Would you?

I still have not watched the most recent Game of Thrones episode. I don't want to know about it, though spoilers abound this many days after it aired. How long after a show is on TV (or even a movie in the theater) before it is OK to talk about it? This article suggests one idea.

I read recently about how unique our tongue print is, equal even to a fingerprint. That got my mind to wondering...














Do you remember those analogies and/or metaphors that I shared with you yesterday? No? Well, it has been 24 hours or so. Here are a few more.

"He was as tall as a six-foot-three-inch tree."

"The revelation that his marriage of 30 years had disintegrated because of his wife's infidelity came as a rude shock, like a surcharge at a formerly surcharge-free ATM."

"A little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn't."

Do you have a standing desk at work or home? If you could, would you opt for one? I would. This story from fivethirtyeight.com talks about the benefits, but notes more serious study is needed to prove those bennies.

I am thinking I have kept you too long as I type my blog while sitting at my desk. I think I will publish it and stand or walk for a moment. Have a Wonderful Wednesday!

No comments: