Friday, September 20, 2013

Happy B-day, Ali

It seems like it rolls around every year, but it is my Teacher Daughter's (TD) birthday. That means she is another year older, and it means I feel another two years older. Suddenly, the memories I have of her as a toddler are like looking at a faded photograph. She's already out of high school? She has a BS and a Master's? When did this happen? Here is my birthday CoV for her. It is my gift. OK, fine, probably cash will be involved, too.













Whew. I have meetings today at 7:30am, 8:30am, 9:30am, 10am, 10:30am, and 1pm. Only the 10:30am call is my meeting. I am a participant in all the others. Other than that, though, I am available.

We will head down south on Saturday to pick apples with the GRANDS. The weather shows it will be 82F and a chance of rain, so that sounds lovely. Certainly better than the 100F and sunny that it will be here.

Since we are looking ahead, I will let you know that a concert we will attend in November has changed. It was a Bee Gees tribute band, but that group cancelled and was replaced by the Australian Bee Gees. Since I have never seen either, I don't mind. Do you like tribute band shows? We do, as any longtime reader already knows.

My personal email shows me that some girl named Ashley really wants to hook up with me. Hey, how did she get my email address? I told her not to contact me here? Anyway, there still seems to be a lot of spam flowing through our email. Is y'alls any better?

OK, time to prepare for these calls. Plus, I actually have regular work to do, too. It doesn't matter, though. IT'S FRIDAY and that makes it all bearable. See you next week. And be sure and wish TD Happy Birthday.

No comments: