Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday the 13th Fun

Did you notice that I wrote yesterday's blog post but then forgot to publish it until last night? I usually write it (as I am sure you know) either the night before or before 7am on the day for which it is posted. So, I write everything, but then my supervisor came in and we got busy preparing for a critical meeting we had at 8am. I will certainly post this one before I move on.

Friday the 13th. Do you care? No, me neither.

If you do not understand the title of today's CoV, you are obviously from the next generation. To see a mix of what I am talking about and what you have grown up with, check out this mashup of Barney saying "Nip it" with a rap.












This new assignment is crazy busy. By noon on Monday, I have to complete a draft of an implementation plan for all the new software and business processes we are rolling out for Sept 30. I have not even seen all the pieces yet, so I will be crafting a number of gentle queries to the team leads to get me their input by close of business today. Oh, for the pleasant non-stressful life of some working in Kiwiland for the past year.

You know, when I first get up in the morning, I am not super steady on my feet. And even in general, I am not quite as spry as my younger days. Even at my best, I could never do a backflip. So, when I read that someone had done over 40 of them, I had to see it for myself.

It is not the video links, but you can see snapshots of great moments in SNL food history. How many of them do you remember?

OK, the boss just came in, so I will skip out on you so I can post it. Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

denise tucker said...

hmmm...yes, can remember barneys famous quotes of "nip it in the bud"-also recall it used to bother me that his hat was never rarely on straight? I call this diagnosis Military syndrome: as its like my generation lived in a world full of inspections, explosives at times and drills as such...all of this infects your thought process of how the appearance of other peoples clothes, as they may have a button out of alignment & of course the hat not quite right on the head? WoRk sounds pretty interesting? sounds like project manager with a brain in "over-drive" like a nascar-syndrome?