Monday, September 23, 2013

Choosing Apples. No, I Mean Actually Picking Them

Let me start by saying... It's over. There will be no more episodes of Dexter. We watched the series finale last night. And it was also the penultimate episode of Breaking Bad. They are both horrible shows that we perhaps should not have watched. Oh well. I am sure some of you had them as your guilty pleasure, also. I will have to wait until all of you have seen them before I can talk about what I thought of their endings.

I have two apples and two pears in my lunch today. Why? Because we picked so many this weekend. From apples, I remember golden delicious, red delicious, early jonathon and fuji. From the pears, I only remember shinko, although there were at least two additional varieties. However, this was not just about getting fresh-from-the-tree fruit. It was about building a family memory, and we had a great time. Well, until Salesman Son (SS) introduced a new guessing game he "invented". It is like the Before-and-after game from Wheel of Fortune. And it begins with a clue like "Well, pilgrim. I am really good at improvisation" and the answer would be John Wayne Brady. One of the worst was "I played one of the Brady Bunch who had a sixth sense". Do you know that one? Christopher Knight Shyamalan. Can you guess who offered it? Yup, SS.













On Saturday night, the youngsters went out and the oldsters stayed at the hotel with the GRANDS. When the youngies returned, they had stopped at Target and purchased a new game. Funny or Die. We had a really good time with that one. As you can see at the link, you match photos with captions. The key to winning a round is selling your proposed answer. Well, sad to say, I came in third out of five players. I guess I am not that funny.

I did take some photos, but got caught up in the above mentioned TV shows and didn't upload them yet. Maybe tonight.

Did I stay on my diet during the trip? I was seduced by one small bite of a homemade donut, but otherwise, yes. I was careful. Here is a screenshot of my eating for Saturday.





















OK, as I have been telling you a lot recently, I am swamped. I'll let my fingers do the walking again tomorrow.

1 comment:

denise tucker said...

great lookin menu with "eegee's"; as for the games---well I cant keep up with the many names which you encounter in a box or wild and colorful containers? always sounds like fun as when my girls were growing we always had a back-pack full of games and things to do while traveling anywhere-I have a "grandma's bag which I have in the back seat of my car to remind me of my tradition to be carried on in the same fashion...[ciao, have bronchitis so wont be at practice tonight]