Monday, September 30, 2013

And the Wiener Is....

They just showed the results of a wiener dog fashion contest on the news. A cute little puppy won dressed up like Robin Hood. I guess the folks' black-and-tan long hair is the only dachshund left in the family. There used to be three of them between all the families. I don't think any of us ever did any dress-up on them except for maybe a sweater in the Fall/Winter.

You know how we can tell it is the Fall here? No, it's not necessarily cooler weather, since I just saw that the record for today is 107F. It is the fact that it gets dark by 7pm instead of 9pm. Today's high is only 95F, by the way.

I am writing this from home on Monday morning. Since today is the scheduled go-live date for our project, I have to sit with the support team in a separate building, so I cam going in a little later. Does something being 'live' remind you of a famous movie quote?














Alright, since you are (mostly) family, I will admit I am feeling somewhat depressed about the perceived results of my vegan diet. I am back on the GERD medicine. Plus, when I go on our Fall trip, I expect to struggle always finding sufficient vegan offerings in the small towns we will visit. And someone at church yesterday said I looked ill. My energy is not yet back to normal. I thought this would go differently. True, I have not had my numbers checked yet since I didn't reach 3 months yet. And I am sure that my daily diet needs more variety (and flavor). Still, I am down today.

I am sure the US is also down today since Congress is playing around with funding today. It's too bad they cannot separate funding bills into unique pieces instead of mixing health care with military support with Social Security with a dam in the Upper Peninsula of Wisconsin. We will see what happens today.

Yes, we DID watch the series finale of Breaking Bad. We liked it better than Dexter and Sopranos. How about you? I don't want to talk about it yet since some of you may not have seen it yet.

Oh wow. I need to get going for Go-Live day. I will see you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Keith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keith said...

Hope your "Go Live" goes well.
By the way, someone sent me this link and I thought it was something you would find interesting and probably comment on and link to on A Legend In My Own Mind.