Thursday, October 25, 2012

Almost A Disaster

Last night, I almost faced a disaster. I mean, sure, I've lost my job, my car and my washing machine. However, last night, my Macbook Pro would boot, but the screen stayed blank. I used our other computer and found that, often, zapping the PRAM would fix it. It did not fix it the first four times. I left it for a bit and came back later and zapped it one final time. Success. Whew! I gots to have me my computer.

I heard from some more former coworkers yesterday. One from US Airways knows of a supervisory position at Blue Cross Blue Shield where she now works. Another from US Airways has a 6-12 month position in Carlsbad, CA. A contact at AMEX has some positions available. PTL for friends and the opportunities a network for people can provide. Again, even if none of these come to fruition, these are all people who reached out to me. I have not yet contacted anyone myself to see what recommendations they have.

Got caught up on laundry yesterday at the folks'. Dad got a canvas print of one of my photos that looks like a painting. No, not the one from this year that I posted a couple of weeks ago. This one is from 2004. I just checked and I took it with my old 3.2MP camera and it was before my blog started, so I have not posted it before. Here, I will add it now.
They put it above their mantle and it really does look like a painting. Is that a good thing for a photo?

OK, I need to get ready for the day and then call those contacts I told you about. I'm just praying that God will lead me to a job that will last and where I will can make a difference for my employer. Right now, I am not planning to check on jobs in NZ or NV. Thanks anyway, Lindsay and Preacher Bro.

1 comment:

Lindsay Ward said...

I'm thinking my mom would approve of the stems in that photo/painting.