Friday, October 26, 2012

Making the Internet Work For Me

Yes, we did laundry at our house last night. However, getting there was an expensive proposition. Since the washer was not working, Dad and I decided to pull it apart and diagnose the problem ourselves. Thanks to the interweb, we found a number of youtube.com videos for opening it and for some expected ohmmeter settings. So, initial diagnosis pointed to the motor. No surprise there. We replaced it, but it did not work. After more investigation, we found that we could not find what was wrong. Don't you hate that? In the meantime, Kyle found a deal on craigslist.com and I went ahead and pulled the trigger on it. So, we are now owners of a four-year-old Whirlpool. The tub is a bit smaller, but it is more mechanical than the GE, so Dad and I should be able to fix it ourselves in the future. Oh, and the business owner said he does not handle GE washers. They are prone to break and extremely expensive to fix.

Speaking of youtube.com, have you ever heard of the Piano Guys? Check out this video. I think it is pretty creative. I saw an interview and they said they just kind of lucked up on this idea when one of them started tapping on the strings of the piano. They have their own channel, but this is my favorite.

Wow, that was a long paragraph. I hope you read through it a lot quicker than I wrote it. Let's move on to paragraph three so this one is not as long.

Today? Coffee with an old buddy from Motorola. Credit Union to get a clear title on the old, busted Altima. Call US Airways buddy to talk about the CA contract position. Maybe get the oil changed on the Jeep.

Weekend? Birthday stuff for Lyndsay on Saturday. Church and pumpkin carving on Sunday. I have to teach Nehemiah 10 the following Sunday because our teacher will be out of town.

Monday? Nothing yet.

Two weeks ago? Here is a Preacher Bro shot of the folks looking at our morning view. Yeah, we tended to gather around that window every morning before our day got started. Wouldn't you?

Right now? It's time to get my day started. You saw all the things I hope to get done, so I cannot just sit around and shoot the breeze with you. See you next week, right? Well, I'll be here regardless.

No comments: